Monday, March 10, 2008

A French Woman's Breakfast

I love French Women Don't Get Fat (FWDGF) because there's not a specific meal plan I have to stick to. Rather, Guiliano offers many recipes and general guidelines for what she calls "recasting" your eating habits over a 3 month period.

Today I made a lovely, petite breakfast with plain FAGE 0% fat yogurt, toasted flax seed, brown sugar, cinnamon, and grapes. I also drank a small cafe au lait with skim milk; normally I order a medium . I'm making small but doable changes just like the book says! YAY :) FWDGF recommends eating 2 daily servings (about 1/2 cup each) of plain all natural yogurt since it's satisfying and really good for you.

I sliced up some green grapes then combined 1 cup yogurt with 1 tablespoon brown sugar, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, and 1 tablespoon golden flax seed. Top the yogurt off with the grapes for a delicious, easy breakfast with protein!

I set the table for one and sat there eating my breakfast, not watching TV ... just enjoying my first meal of the day. It felt a little weird, but it's nice taking a moment to eat and pay attention to what your eating. Far better than rushing out the door, banana and protein bar in hand, not tasting a morsel as it goes down.

No comments:

Post a Comment